Need a Visa or an eTA ?


Warning message

The subscription service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa

Starting September 29, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.

Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for an eTA and are strongly encouraged to travel with a valid Canadian passport.

All travellers must present acceptable travel documents and identification must be presented at the border.


We strongly suggest that you begin the process as soon as possible to avoid delays.

It is the sole responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa or an eTA.

You must request your Visa letter during the registration process, the letter will be sent to you only when registration fee is paid.

If your Visa application is declined we will reimburse your registration fee as long as you submit the refusal letter from the Canadian agency.

The organizers will not provide financial support. 

Please check with the Canadian embassy or consulate for the specific requirements for your country. 

List of Canadian embassies and consulates 

Check application processing times 

Important Dates

Call for papers and registration starts
October 19, 2016

Abstract submission deadline
March 14, 2017

Paper acceptance notice
April 8, 2017

Early bird and presenting author registration deadline
April 18, 2017

June 19-23, 2017

Subscribe to the OP 2017 newsletter